Social Media Account Manager – Ottawa
The Social Media Account Manager will assist in developing and executing the Social Media Strategy for SOAP Media and its clients. The Account Manager will implement SOAP’s Social Media Strategy for multiple clients, including managing budgets, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption.
The Account Manager will be responsible for measurement, reporting and analysis using tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc. The candidate must be able to think strategically, but also be willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves to help implement the programs.
This role coordinates with content creators and website developers, and other team members to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
- Implement the social media strategy, and coordinate with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Maintain external social media sites and consistently update and control content and design.
- Become an advocate of SOAP’s clients in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Follow-up with clients to provide monthly reports, and take advantage of up-selling opportunities.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, including consumer behavior, planning, segmentation, demographics, public relations, and social media marketing.
- A successful track record of planning, testing, launching, monitoring, optimizing and measuring social media campaigns.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and have excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork capabilities, ability to develop strong trust-based relationships, and the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Good knowledge of principles of SEO.
- Ability to analyze and pro-actively solve problems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Must be comfortable discussing and presenting technical issues to senior management team and non-technical staff.
- Ability to cross-train other employees on electronic and social marketing related functions.
- Bilingualism is not essential, however it would be considered a valuable asset.